Several causes of oral accidents and injuries often arise that are linked to jaw and facial pain. Jaw pain can result from tenderness in the bone structures within your mouth as well as issues associated with biting, or headaches and earaches that you may be experiencing. Unfortunately, there are several different causes of jaw pain that can arise that need to be first diagnosed and treated. Information about jaw and facial pain include the following:
– If you routinely suffer from jaw and facial pain, it may be linked to an underlying condition in your mouth. This could include a toothache, bruxism, gum disease, or even a TMJ disorder.
– Infections and sinus problems are known risk factors for jaw and facial pain.
– If you routinely suffer from jaw and facial pain, it may be linked to an underlying injury or you may be suffering from arthritis.
– To help treat jaw and facial pain, consider the use of muscle relaxants or antibiotics.
– If you regularly suffer from any kind of swelling or inflammation associated with jaw and facial pain, speak with your dentist about the use of anti-inflammatory drugs to help deal with swelling.
– Oral health exercises, mouth protectors, and various other treatment tips can be used to help combat jaw and facial pain.
– If you routinely suffer from issues within your mouth including severe jaw and facial pain, a root canal therapy, a periodontal treatment, or a tooth extraction may be required to eliminate the condition causing it.
If you suffer from a any signs of jaw and facial pain, speak with East Indianapolis Dental Associates at 317-357-8548 to see which treatment is right for you. If you are in need of a dentist in Indianapolis, Indiana, you can schedule an oral examination with Dr. James McAllister and our team at our dentist office.